Sunday 30 June 2013

Barton Marina.

Last week, I heard about a rare goose that had been spotted at Barton Marina. Today I eventually went there with my camera. The cape barren goose is not normally seen in this country and is native to Australia. Here is a link to the Burton Mail article - http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Rare-Australian-goose-spotted-at-Barton-Marina-20130627170836.htm .
I hope you enjoy the pictures and I have also added a few other pictures of the more common birds which can be spotted there.
 The rare Australian cape barren goose. 

 A pair of mallards.
 Female mallard.
 

 A greylag goose.
 Feeding time!


 A view of one of the pools.
 
As you can see it was smaller than the canadian geese.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog, I look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo's. I got some baby ducks today lol x

    ReplyDelete